Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thrift stores

Pinterest is the new addiction of just about everyone I know, you can find ANYTHING there. I have been looking into a lot more repurposing old clothes tutorials. And I've been hitting our local Goodwill stores which, oddly enough, have become my new favorite shopping location. Even if I "splurge" and buy everything I want, I'm out like $15 bucks. Love it.

And I have 2 dresses and 2 shirts to work with. The dresses I bought for the fabric only, to deconstruct and do something else with. The shirts I will be using the bones of but turning them into dresses for Zoe. Oh, I also bought 2 ties to use as belts/ribbon trim. SO can't wait to get sewing.

Did I mention I only know how to sew straight lines? Feel free to laugh, I'm off to spend about an hour fighting with the bobbin and shuttle!

No comments:

Post a Comment