Sunday, June 27, 2010

Trip South recap






It was a LONG drive. I figured it was easier and "quicker" to go straight down 95 rather than going through C town. So Munchkin and I stopped in Savannah for a brief visit. She got to see carriage horses...a HUGE fountain in Liberty Square...and got her first hot-off-the-rack River Street prailine. She was in hog heaven.








Not so much a fan of saltwater taffy, though. She takes after Mama. Never know if I'm supposed to chew or savor the stuff...I don't like candy I have to think about. Apparently, she doesn't either!

Elizabeth's wedding was wonderful. I was so thrilled that her dad was able to be there after all the eleventh hour drama he had to go through. It was a treasure seeing my Liz so happy...and I am thrilled to have gotten to meet Aaron. They will keep each other on their toes , I'm sure. It was a beautiful wedding to witness and I wouldn't have missed it for anything I can think of. I got to see true bliss on both her face and her mom's. We thought at first that we had "bad" seats for the wedding but we ended up with the best seats in the house! Wedding pictures can be found on www.wessewellphotography.com under Elizabeth and Aaron.

And as luck would have it, most of the rest of the Alpha Gams were there sans men as well...so it was nice to be social and catch up without having to make sure they were entertained. I haven't seen them in so long, I didn't realize how much I'd missed them and how much I missed the me that they all knew. I haven't seen them since surgery so that tells you it's been a long while.

Hit Savannah on the way back as well, to hit the Savannah Bee Company for some honey. Bought some for Jas to mail to the ship as well...should be a nice pick me up. He will be picking up his promotion soon when he arrives on his next tour and I couldn't be prouder. He certainly deserves it for his hard work!

Clare also visited...Munchkin and Mom huffed it through the drive to get here when "Buddy Clare" (as Munchkin has dubbed her) would be pulling in. It was an all-too-short visit but I loved having her here! She went to yoga with me and I really loved sharing that with someone I know. It's one thing for me to tell her "you've never done anything like this". It is totally another to watch her follow along with Master Adam as well, eyes wide as saucers in a clear query of "you want me to do WHAT???". I can't wait until she visits again, as I said it was all to short.

No comments:

Post a Comment