So it was great to get away from Munchkin for a couple of days for the first time. She did great. Mom and Dad said she only asked for me once and seemed to not know I was gone until I came back. Score! Means I can take a break when needed and not feel bad!
And a special shout out to Mom and Dad for all they did with the house. I was thrilled enough that they came up to watch Munchkin for me. All of the housework done was a pleasure and a wonderful surprise. The house was spotless and in order...the yard was taken care of and trees and shrubs taken down that I wanted gone! Such a lovely thing to come home to! Less work and a more relaxed me.
The retreat was a bit not what I expected. This place seems to focus more on the meditation aspect of yoga rather than the physical poses. I can understand allowing time for meditation, but I prefer not to do it sitting either quietly or chanting. I prefer to either find my focus IN the physical classes or outside somewhere. Walking meditation if you will.
The actual physical asanas they do there don't really seem to shape the body. They flow so quickly through their work that I find it hard to believe that they can really get the full benefit of the pose. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm just not a fan of that type. I prefer to sweat it all out like we do with Master Adam.
I loved getting to know Brandy, Bridget, Hueyoung (sorry if I misspelled that!), and Peggy better. It was so nice to see them outside of our classes and share meals and thoughts and free time. I loved the 2 walks down to the Lotus because the trail was not too difficult and we enjoyed the scenery. AND found a few spots to take pictures of ourselves doing certain poses...which was a riot.
I liked having a weekend dedicated to practice, but I think I'd like to try a different facility next time just to be more well rounded.
Some good, some bad. That's how you learn and decide what's for you, right?
Mom was gone?
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment